Friends of Mitchell has a number of fundraising initiatives that you can help with!
We raise money by writing government and foundation grants, as well as by organizing large events like our annual Evening of Dreams Benefit. We also produce small-scale events, like our Chili Cook Off where Mitchell Dads bring their A-game to the art of making chili. Find out how you can help with some of our Upcoming Fundraising Events by emailing Lynn Bagley.
Mitchell parents can help fund-raise everyday just by doing what you already do! Sign up for our Earn While You Shop programs and every time you shop at Target, buy your groceries or eat out, you can earn money for Mitchell!
For the 2015-2016 school year FoM is providing the following support to Mitchell:
- ST Math & Mathletics subscriptions for classroom math instruction
- Reading A to Z / RAZ kids
- Technology equipment and replacement items
- Hubbard Street Dance
- Adventure Stage – 4th grade
- Violin Program
- Band Program
- Spring Musical
- Drumming Program
- Creative Dramatics 1st-3rd grades
- Additional field trip bus for each class (pre-k – 8th grade)
- Girls on the Run
- Springfield Field Trip – 4th Grade
- Chicago Tour Field Trip – 3rd Grade
- Iron Oaks Team Building Field Trip – 6th Grade
- Teacher’s Gifts and Support Staff Gifts – Gift cards
- Mitchell School Garden
- 8th Grade Field Trip to DC
- Books for classrooms and library via to the Barnes & Noble Book Fair
- Support for Essentials Classes – Art, Music, P.E. & Chinese
We need your help today! The involvement of every parent can make a difference. For more information on how you can get involved with fundraising contact Molly Klein Catalano. If you want to help write grants, contact Andy Kaplan. For general questions email [email protected].