As a result of significant efforts and involvement of both the faculty, parents and the community, Mitchell School has been recognized in several ways, including the following:
- Mitchell is a Level 1 school.
- On the NWEA MAP test, Mitchell outperformed 95 percent of the schools nationwide in both reading and math in 2014-2015.
- We had 10 teachers win Chicago Fund for Education grants this year, more than any other school in Chicago.
- Our teachers are recognized locally and nationally for their instruction. Staff members lead district professional development for the CPS Office of Teaching and Learning, run Study Groups through Chicago Fund of Education, design district assessments, and lead network math professional development.
- We have 10 National Board Certified teachers, 1 finalist for the Fishman Prize for Superlative Teaching and 1 Golden Apple finalist.